Sunday, August 24, 2014

Finding Space


As you may remember from the last blog, I have generous friends and family members (as does my fiancé--now husband--can't get used to saying that) so I received quite a few gifts at my bridal shower.  It took three cars to get everything home--mine, my Mom's, and my Mom's friend's.  Getting home was actually kind of comical.  My fiancé took my car and filled it up so there was no room for me so I went with my mom.  Someone also made me take balloons home so I had to hold those so my mom could see to drive, which meant I couldn't see a thing.  Anyway, we got everything home, chatted for a bit, and then I set to work rearranging my kitchen and bathroom so I could fit my fabulous new gifts.  Apparently, I am a slow worker because by 10:00 I still had a lot left to do and I hadn't done a thing to get ready for work the next day.  I finally stopped, got my stuff ready to go back to work the next day (paperwork, made lunch, etc.) and eventually went to bed.  I took that Friday off from work because I had a personal day left to use that was soon going to expire.  It was nice to sleep in, but truth be told I spent some of the day catching up on work paperwork (um, aren't you NOT supposed to do work on your day off?).  The rest of the time, I did manage to get most of my stuff put away and I made a huge dent on my thank you notes.   I'd like to tell you I finished writing them all that day, but that would be a lie.  It took a few more days. 

No comments: