Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Last Day in London

We only had one thing planned for our last day in London and that was a tour of Parliament.  We got down there a little early so we could take some pictures and so the hubs could see that area of the city (The London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben--they were doing construction, etc). You were only allowed to take pictures in two places in Parliament, hence the lack of pics.   The tour was really interesting.  Then it was back to the hotel to get our stuff, check out, and head to the airport.  We had several hours at the airport before our flight left so we wandered around a lot, had dinner, and were randomly selected for extra security--not enjoyable!  And they moved our seats!   Also not enjoyable!  Our new seats also meant we were one of the last to get fed and they were out of the edible food so I was cranky about that.  Why is it so hard to get decent food on a plane?  I did finish watching "Downsizing" and do some reading.  Hubs was kind and took the middle seat and let me have the aisle since we were both supposed to have aisle seats.
Aside from the airport/plane drama, we had a really nice trip.  I was so glad the hubs liked London because it is one of my favorite cities and I enjoy going when I can.  We also both liked Brussels a lot too.

No comments: