Monday, May 20, 2013

Arizona Day 4: Baseball, Flat Stanley, Shopping and of course more food


Day 4  The day began with a trip to Chase Field (I think that's what it's called???), the place where the Diamondbacks play.  I'd never gotten to tour a baseball stadium before.  It was quite fun.  Also, as we were leaving, we ran into someone with a Flat Stanley.  I had one with me.  I have never been on vacation with Flat Stanley and ran into another Flat Stanley.  It was quite exciting.  His Stanley was from Georgia.  Here are a few pics:


                                                








Then we went to The Biltmore, mainly because it was in my 1000 Place to See Before You Die book so I figured might as well see something that's in that book while I'm out there.  We just walked around a little bit, didn't spend a ton of time there.  Then went to some place called Ling and Louie's for lunch.  I had some delicious sushi.  Below is a pic from The Biltmore. 
 

After lunch, we went to Scottsdale.  We did some shopping and enjoyed some ice-cream, which we justified having because we parked so far away and would be walking off at least a few of those calories.  :-)  The picture below didn't come out so well, but it's supposed to be a picture of the Old Town Scottsdale sign. 

  That evening we went out to dinner.  The service was not that good, but I enjoyed spending time with Natalie, Michael, and the kids.  We also made a brief stop at Target.  I was good and did not buy anything there.  :-)   

No comments: