Sunday, September 22, 2013

Dish 46 Coconut Chicken

I THINK this dish was from my friend Natalie's Pinterest. I seem to be frequenting that page.  :)  Anyway, I liked the coconut chicken, but I had some issues making it.  I made it in a frying pan and the oil was jumping around a little too much for my liking (read, I got splashed a few times and though I suffered no major burns or any minor ones for that matter, just little ouches, it was not pleasant).  If I make this again, I plan to bake it instead.  Ironically, I'm not a huge coconut fan, but for some reason I like coconut chicken, coconut shrimp (yum!), and even Malibu rum (which is coconut flavored).  So I'm not really sure why I don't like coconut by itself, but find it good when it's combined with certain things.  I make a lot of chicken so I'm always looking for new things to do with it, hence the coconut chicken.  Anyway, it was good.  :-)   

No comments: