Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Morning of the Wedding aka Don't Look Now!

When I finally gave up on falling back to sleep, Kate came in and we hung out for a bit, then she went down the street to get a coffee.  I am not a coffee drinker so I had nothing to offer.  I tried to fall back to sleep when she was gone, but no luck so I finally got up.  I don't remember everything that happened that morning.  I know there was some TV watching, some chatting with Kate, texts and calls, Facebook (so strange to see people posting about me on Facebook), and breakfast.  And it wasn't long before it was 12:00 and time to go get my make up done and drop off the last minute stuff at the reception (the make up place was in the same building as my reception so that made it quite convenient).  The building is also a hotel and my future in-laws, the groomsmen, and my husband to be were all staying there.  I didn't think any of them would be around, but it was almost noon and I suspected they'd had a late night so they could very well be congregating for lunch.  I made Kate go first to check to make sure the coast was clear (you know because the bride and groom aren't supposed to see each other on the day of their wedding until the actual wedding).  She said we were good to go.  I spotted some groomsmen down the hall, but no fiancé.  So I started to walk in--WAIT!  He's there, hurry, hide!  Okay, I don't think those were her exact words (it was 11 months ago), but you get my drift.  I went and hid behind a pole.  Then my in-laws popped up out of nowhere and my future father-in-law and wanted to know what I was doing hiding behind a pole.   It was kind of funny.  Eventually, the coast was cleared--for real.  I dropped off the stuff I needed to drop off (my computer for a slideshow) and I sent Kate to give Mike his wedding gift from me.  Kind of ironically, we got each other similar gifts.  The night before he gave me a necklace and I gave him a new charm for a necklace because his broke a while back. 
Then it was off for the possibly nerve-wracking process of having my make up done.  It didn't end up being so bad this time.  Thankfully, there was water proof make up this time so my eyes did not look crazy!  No baseball or raccoon look this time.  And the make up lady was so patient with me as she knew I had issues with eye make up, but she said I did much better.  She did a great job and then it was back home to get my hair done.  Only a little over 4 hours until wedding time! 

No comments: