Tuesday, August 4, 2015

T Minus 4 hours

Shortly after we got home from make up, my hairdresser called to see if I was ready for her to come over.  In the mean time, my aunt and cousin stopped by for a minute to say hi.  My hairdresser came by and began the process of making my hair look good.  A little later, my mom came by to help me get ready.  And before I knew it the photographer, videographer, one of the florists, and my bridesmaids were here.  My hair was done, photos had been taken, the dress was on,  and then it was time to check that everything was cleaned up and put away (I was staying at the hotel that night and wouldn't be back 'til the next day).  A side note on the florist:  Forever ago, I think I mentioned some flower drama.  We used the included centerpieces, but one of the groomsmen has a girlfriend who does flower arrangements so she did all the flowers for the wedding party and I'm biased, but I think she did a really nice job. Back on track here, suddenly, I was on the look out for the limo.  I got a little nervous because it was late, but he made it and then it was time to board the limo bus--our wedding party was too big for a regular limo, more pics and video, and off we went to my parents' house (they live around the corner from the church) for family pictures.  The limo ride felt long and short--if that makes any sense.  I was excited and nervous, but glad to be with my girls.  (Mom had gone back home to finish getting ready so it was just my bridesmaids and me.)  Now my home is approximately 10-15 minutes away from the church.  We did not get any rain, but apparently, it rained there (and at my parents') a few min before we got there, but it had stopped by the time we were there.  We were all like, why is the ground wet?  (We're smart, huh?)  We took some pictures at my parent's house.  Pics with my parents, pics with my grandmother, and pics with the fam and girls.  My brother couldn't be there because he was a groomsman so he was at the church.  So we all went back to the limo and rode the approximately 2 minute ride to the church, where everyone was allowed out except for me.  I have to say it was a little weird to be sitting there all alone watching everyone.  I was kind of excited to see friends/family arriving, but it was weird to not be allowed to go say hello.  And then a couple of minutes later, they let me out and it was ceremony time.  

No comments: