Monday, October 17, 2016

I Just Want to Go to My Hotel

So as you read in my last blog post, our flight was late and I'd worked all day so I was a bit tired when we (finally) arrived in Philadelphia.  We only brought carry on luggage since we were only going for a weekend.  We got down to ground transportation and asked the attendant (is that the right word?) where to go for our shuttle as it wasn't very clearly marked.  He said we had to call them.  I told him we had a reservation to be picked up, shouldn't they be waiting for us somewhere?  Apparently not!  So I called, got a recording and was told to dial 1 if I were waiting to be picked up.  The lady who answered told me I needed to check in with ground transportation.  I told her I'd just done that.  She told me I had to check in with them and they'd give me a number.  What the heck???  I thought perhaps I had checked in with the wrong person since when I asked him what to do he told me to call them.  I told her that and she directed me back to the same place I'd just been.  Thanks for nothing lady.  So Mike asked someone else who told us to go to that phone right there and dial 24. Just 24?  Yes.   Guess what happened when I dialed 24?  The operator told me my call could not be completed and to hang up and dial again.  Guess what happened then?  Here's a hint:  see above.  So I relunctantly went back to the grond transportation man and explained the situation to him.  He gave me a card with the number 61 on it. I called the shuttle again with this number and the woman was RUDE.  So rude that I'm ready to write a review and tell people never to do business with this company again.  She told me to wait to be announced.  I asked her where they were going to announce it, was someone going to come over the intercom?  Walk in and yell our names?  Her response was to tell me to go back to the ground transport guy who did not concur with this information.  This is the most messed up shuttle pick up I've ever seen.  I have traveled many times and either a shuttle person is waiting outside in the spot where they promised to be, inside with a sign, or gives you a number to call and hustles over from the cell phone lot.  Never have I had to keep calling the company to find out where my shuttle was and be spoken to so rudely by someone.  So eventually some guy comes in and asks if we're waiting for him. Yep.  So he drives us to our hotel--and wait for it, drives right by it.  At first, I thought, well, maybe that's not our hotel, I think there are a couple of Holiday Inns in this city, but wait, that's the right street.  Unfortunately, he can't turn around and there are a bunch of one way streets--and traffic--yes, traffic at 11:00 on a Friday night--so it takes a while to go around and get back to our hotel.  We finally checked in a little after 11:00pm.  Let's just say I'm glad the hotel staff was nice and our room was fabulous!  Good size, comfy bed, decentish view.   Oh, and by the way, the next morning, we had a text message from the shuttle company saying they were on their way. I guess it got sent sometime that night, but it didn't come through before we went to bed.  Thanks for nothing shuttle company!  (Don't give up on me based on this grumpy post, the rest of the trip was better.)  

No comments: