Sunday, September 17, 2017

Day 15: Free Time in Berlin

Our last full day in Berlin was also our free day.  We had a meeting at  5, but we were free until then.  After a night of not enough sleep (remember the Midnight Monuments Tour), three other girls and I headed out to explore Berlin.  We stopped at a couple of shops, then went to the Berliner Dome. The place itself is beautiful.  One of the girls left to explore some other things but three of us went up to the top outside.  The weather cleared up so we could get some nice shots of the view outside.  The weather said rain all day so it was the one day of the whole trip I didn't have my sunglasses or sunscreen and I really could have used them.  I guess don't trust a weather report in Berlin.  Next it was off to the Memorial for Murdered Jews and the musuem underneath it.  The musuem was interesting, but also depressing (I mean I kind of new it would be, but you know what I mean).  We stopped at a few shops on the way back--souvenirs, chocolates, and macaroons.  We got back to the hotel around 4:00 and had an hour until our final meeting.  Our meeting was actually a final group reflection where we had to reflect on the whole trip.  After that, we walked to a tapas place, where we enjoyed some delicious food.  Then back to the hotel for one farewell drink and we met Jason's wife (they were traveling around once our tour was done).  We all played Heads Up for a little while.  It was a fun night.



























No comments: