Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Why I Haven't Blogged Lately

You know what they say about the best intentions and the best laid plans, etc.  I know I slack on here a lot, but I usually get my 30 days of pictures done within 40-60 days lol  Well, that did not happen this year and here's why.  Get comfy, this may take a while.  I like where I live, but I was single when I bought it so I didn't need a ton of space.  At some point the hubs and I would like to have a child, we'd also like a yard, and just more space in general so I met with a realtor over the summer to see about listing my condo. It sounded doable, but I needed to declutter and do some minor repairs in the bathroom.  Trying to find a contractor willing to do minor repairs anytime this year proved challenging, but I was eventually able to find someone who would do it in September.  September is a crazy month at work so the plan was to list in October.  In the mean time, my husband broke his leg while we were vacationing with my family in Alaska--that deserves its own blog post, but not right now.  During the first half of November he was cast free and back to work. Our home went on the market on a Saturday in mid-November and what a whirlwind that week was!  Being ready for stranger's to enter your house on a moment's notice is well, let's just say it's an adjustment, but the house was sure clean!   By Tuesday we had an offer on the place and after some back and forth we had a signed P&S that Friday.  Now we could start looking for a new home!  We looked at several places without much success.  Black Friday we looked at a place, liked it, and made an offer on it.  Our offer was not accepted--someone else made a better offer that same day.  A few days later another house came on the market that looked promising.  We went to the Open House, liked it, went back with our realtor that same afternoon, and decided to make an offer on it.  The following day after a little bit of countering, our offer was accepted.  We were so excited, but we did wonder is it too good to be true?  This is a really nice, good-sized house in our price range, what's the catch?  We had the inspection that Saturday and there were a few things we wanted fixed, but in general, all looked well.  Now we were really starting to feel happy and in fact we went to a Christmas party that night and started telling people about "our" future house.  Our house had been inspected the previous day and my realtor said it sounded like all went well.  But what's that they say about how things can change in the blink of an eye or the roll of die or in a heartbeat?  Pick your cliché.  It happened.  My realtor called me on Sunday and let's just say some tears were shed.  Our buyer was no longer able to purchase our home and without the money from our sale we could no longer buy "our" future house so we had to withdraw our offer.  I hoped a miracle would occur and our home would sell quickly and we could reoffer on "our" home, but no luck.  I know people say if it's meant to be it'll be, and God has a plan, and everything happens for a reason, but right now I'm just sad.  I was so excited.  I purposely didn't get my hopes up until after we had the inspection, then I started visualizing how I would set up and decorate the rooms, how nice it would be to host Easter brunch and the St. Patrick's Day parties with all that space--it gets a bit crowded in here with 37 people over for St. Patrick's Day.  :-)  And of course we had now told a bunch of our friends that all was looking well so now we had to go back and tell them (and our families) that the deal was off.  Our home went back on the market right before Christmas, which I've been reading is a horrible time to sell so who knows how long it'll take.  I really hope it sells soon and that we can find something nice again, but in the mean time I'm trying really hard to be patient and positive.  Here's hoping...

No comments: