Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The House Saga Continues

I'm baack, well, until I slack off again ha ha.  Due to covid-19, there is no travel for me this summer. I'm so sad about this; obviously, I understand, but I was supposed to go to Finland and Sweden for two weeks, :-(  So instead I will use this time to update you on the house situation instead of blogging about fun trips. As I stated last year/time, our home went back on the market the Saturday before Christmas along with an Open House that weekend. We had a showing Christmas Eve, but then we didn't have any other showings for over a week.  I was off from work until January 2nd and it was on January 2nd and 3rd that my phone started blowing up with texts about showings.  I hoped something good would happen and while we'd have a bunch in a row and then nothing, a couple of people expressd some interest and asked about more info, but we went through the entire month of January with no offers and some positive and negative feedback from those who viewed the home.  The calendar switched to February and still nothing, but there was another Open House and some more people showed interest, requested more information and some even asked to see the house a second (and one a third) time.  We rearranged some furniture and had some more painting done and arranged to have some siding repaired/replaced.  One frustrating thing was that even in snowstorms people wanted to come see the place.  Our plow guys in the association are good, but they have over 200 driveways to plow so it takes awhile so not only did I have to drive in the snow (which I don't like to do) since you can't be home during showings, but I also had to shovel--now before you call me a lazy fool, the reason I'm complaning about shoveling is because my HOA dues pay for plowing so basically I'm paying for someone to plow, but I have to do it so the place looks good for potential buyers--and if any of them made an offer I wouldn't complain, but no one who came out in those snowstorms offered on the place.    #firstworldproblems, right?  I suppose it was good exercise though.  Fast forward 50 showings (yes, really) and it's the end of February and two offers come in (with interest from a third, but nothing materialized).  I went out for drinks/apps with some co-workers after work that day and came home that evening and had to review two offers and pick the best one.  I was shocked to have gone from nothing for months to two at once.  Things were starting to look up (or so I thought...)  We accepted what seemed to be the best offer after a bit of countering all was signed and it was time to get ready for the inspection..

No comments: