Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Third Call's a Charm

Once we'd book the reception location, we wanted to book the church.   I called and spoke to a lovely woman there who told me what I needed to do, but also informed me that they weren't booking for 2014 yet.  She said I should call back in the middle of October and then they'd be able to help me (it was July or August at the time of my phone call).  On Oct. 16th, which is almost as middle of October as you can get, I called the church and they were very nice, but told me that they book still hadn't come in yet and it SHOULD be in by early November (they thought it would have been in by now).  She wrote my info on a piece of paper with a note to get in touch with me and said if I didn't hear anything by Thanksgiving to call then.  So the Monday after Thanksgiving, still NO news so I called again.  I was told that the book had come in--yay!-- and I was on the "to do" list for that week.  A few e-mails, some paperwork, and a small check later and the church was booked.  Woohoo 2 decisions made.  Now it's on to djs, photographers, dresses, food choices--well, you get the idea. 

No comments: