Friday, December 28, 2012

Washing Machine Part 2: It Finally Arrives

The appliance store mostly delivers during "typical" business hours.  In other, words, when I am at work.  They did offer Saturday deliveries, but I was going to be out of town at a wedding the following Saturday.  My recently retired father agreed to be at my home to meet the delivery guys.  We set up the appointment and three days later, my dad called to say he couldn't be there then.  I rescheduled the appointment and the delivery guys gave me a 4 hour window (between 10 and 2, guess when they arrived?  1:50).  Guess what else happened?  The machine wouldn't fit through the bathroom door.  It would fit fine once in the room, there was plenty of space, but apparently my bathroom door is smaller than a standard bathroom door.  Who knew?  Clearly NOT ME.  Dear ol' Dad was "thrilled."  A couple of phone calls later, a new machine that would fit was picked out, scheduled for delivery and of course cost $170 more.  That Saturday the delivery guys showed up between 9 and 1.  Which means 12:15.  They literally took some doors off my house, left another door wide open so I could freeze while one of them smoked, installed the new machine, made a "nice little" mess, which they did NOT clean up.  They put the doors back on, left, and I cleaned up the mess.  I was SO HAPPY to have a functional machine again.  I did 8 or 10 loads of laundry that weekend.  :-)  And all was peachy for about a week and a half when I tried to dry some towels and they wouldn't dry.  I figured it was because towels take a while to dry, even in my parents' nice dryer I have to run them through more than once, but after three times through and still wet, I was slightly annoyed.  On to a smaller load w/o towels and same problem.  Long story short, someone came to look at it yesterday and the cord short circuited (or something to that affect) and will be fixed as soon as they can get someone over here, possibly Saturday.   

No comments: