Thursday, November 13, 2014

Two Weeks to Go...One Week to Go

I think I may win the award for world's worst blogger.  I'm behind on writing my own blog and on reading my friends' blogs.  Thank goodness Thanksgiving break is coming up soon so I can have a couple of days off and MAYBE just maybe get caught up.  So let's go back to wedding land for a bit, shall we?  The last couple of weeks before the wedding are an interesting time in the bride-to-be's life.  On the one hand, there is so much to do, but on the other hand you're in a bit of a waiting period.  The seating chart is done (finally!), the bills have been paid (thank goodness!), it's not quite time for last minute meetings, and it's a bit too early to package the favors (because you know they're still in your freezer).  So what do you do?  You find yourself agreeing to go to out to lunch or dinner with your friends nearly every day--not on purpose but because you finally have some down time, and suddenly, it's all come at once and you worry your dress will not fit in two weeks!  And then suddenly it's a week before your wedding and there is a DJ to meet with, a videographer to meet with, a photographer to phone conference with, a priest to meet with, and guests to pick up from the airport.  And it's finally feeling real, all the planning and saving and more planning and more saving (and spending!) and suddenly you're getting your eyebrows waxed and then your grandmother has just arrived from Florida and is waiting at the airport for you.  Yeah, about that, my poor grandmother, called me from her cell phone (which in itself is impressive because she's not big on the cell and only uses it for emergencies) to say she was at the airport and her flight was being delayed a couple of hours.  I hadn't left for the airport yet so not a big deal for me, but stunk for her that she had to wait around all that time.  So I headed out to meet my fiancé a bit later as he works near the airport so she was flying in to and we were going to get her together.  Well, low and behold we are about 20 minutes away from the airport when her plane is about 30 minutes away from landing when I get a text from the airline saying she's landed. WHAT?!  You (you being the airline) can't tell me she is getting in an hour and a half late and then tell me she's landing now when she's not due to land for another 30 minutes.  Yes, nice that you made up time in the air, but not so nice that Gram is now going to arrive at an airport she doesn't particularly love and there will be no one waiting for her yet.  Yep, nice granddaughter I am.  Thankfully, she is a good person and was very forgiving of me not being there to meet her as soon as she landed.  And she was very patient through the traffic home.  I cooked a nice dinner to make up for it for her, my fiancé, and my parents.  It was great to hang out and catch up.  :)  And when I went to bed that night, I only had three days left of work until "The Big Day."  :-) 

No comments: