Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What I Learned on Election Day 2014 (this post has very little to do with the election)

Normally, I enjoy days off from work.  Yesterday was not one of those days, (okay it wasn't all bad and I did get to sleep in), but rather than directly whine about it, I will share a "Top 10" list with you.  And since yesterday was Election Day I will add two bonus comments about politics--so my top 10 is really a top 12...Fear not, I will be back on the wedding blog train in a few days. 

What I Learned On Election Day 2014 (in no significant order)


12.  Election Day brings out the best, worst, and funniest on some people's Facebook posts.

11.    Politicians will still call you and bother you even right after you get home from voting.

10.   Apparently, my non-existent sense of direction exists sometimes!

9.  When you put a pot of water on the stove to boil and then run upstairs to "quickly" print something, do not forget that said water is still on stove when your printer does not behave as the water will completely boil away and you will wonder what that strange burning smell is.

8.  Mcjob is a real word (my not knowing this may have contributed to us living up to our trivia team name of "We Suck at Trivia" last night, it may have been our worst game yet.)

7.  You are NOT allowed to bring a bottle of water into the Social Security Office.

6.  If you do bring a bottle of water in to the SS office, you will be asked to leave and come back without your water.  When you return, you will not know where to check in and be too scared to ask for help since you just got in trouble for having water--seriously, people, water?  Water?  Really?  I had a sore throat!  I'm almost afraid to ask why they don't want you to bring in water as it's probably something scary or ridiculous.

5.  The SS office should more clearly label the kiosk where you need to check in. 

4.  You ARE allowed to bring a bottle of water into the DMV, but if you've just been to the SS office, you may think this is not allowed and thus out of fear you may leave your bottle of water at home and then sit at the DMV thirsty for over an hour.

3.  You should NOT forget your book at home when going to the DMV as there is only so much time one can spend playing Words with Friends, reading e-mails, and checking Facebook on your  phone. 

2.  You should NOT go to the DMV when you are hungry.  If you do go to the DMV when you are hungry, do NOT schedule an appointment for two hours after you arrive at the DMV because you will NOT have time to eat lunch and get to your appointment on time so you will have to wait until after 4:00 to eat lunch.  (Eating lunch at 4:00 will mean you don't eat dinner until close to 9:00, which is getting too close to bed time and may result in you not feeling good.  On the other hand, even though politics annoys you at times, you may stay up too late watching election results come in because you are a bit dorky).

(This post reminds me of a Laura Numeroff book [You know If you do x then y will happen, which will then make z happen, etc. etc.)]) 

1.  I love my husband, but if I did it all over again, I'm not sure I would go through with this whole name change thing.   I think I would just keep my maiden name.      

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I'm almost 13 years in and I have never regretted keeping my name. It's actually such a non-issue that I don't even really think about it until I read something like this. But then it just reaffirms my choice.

:)