Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Few More Books

I found time to read a few books that weren't on the challeneg list mentioned in my last post.  One was Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green.  I've read and enjoyed most of her books and this was no exception.  I actually read this right before I found out about the reading challenge.  The Best of Us by Sarah Pekkanen was another book that I really enjoyed.  Two of my friends liked another book by Sarah Pekkanen and thought I might like it too.  I did and since then I've read a couple of her books.  I enjoyed this one too, read it on a plane last year.  Lone Wolf was another Jodi Piccoult book I read last year.  I've read many of her books too and I usually like them.  This was typical Jodi:  good read, sad in parts, makes you think about a controversial issue.  Shopahoic to the Stars I read because I tend to enjoy the Shopaholic books.  I read one as part of the challege too.  Every year at Christmas time I enjoy reading a new Christmas book.  This year I picked Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber.  It was a little cheesey, but cute and funny.  I liked it.
So there you go, those are the rest of the books I read last year.  In 2015 I read 22 books.  In 2016 I only read 18 books.  I don't know what happened.  I think part of it is because I usually read a lot in the summer, but I was gone for most of the summer taking a class in Ireland.  I did much better last year, reading 31 books.  I'm hoping to top that this year.  I've read four books and I'm hoping to increase that number to six by the end of this week since I'm on vacation this week.  I have a big pile of books next to my bed that I want to read so time to get cracking! Happy Reading!

No comments: