Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Letter to Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,
For once I am not complaining. Yes, you read that correctly. Let's face it you and I have had our differences. I have been mad at you many times. And during January and February we are not exactly bff's. Oh let's face it, we don't get along that well in December or March either. In fact, we pretty much don't get along in the winter, do we? Usually, I'll applaud you for one snow day, but that's about it. And for most of winter, I wonder why I don't live in San Diego or Florida or some place warm. In my defense, however, I am a New Englander and therefore it is part of my New Englander duty to complain about the weather. Today, though, I am not complaining. It's October 26th and it was over 70 degrees, Mother Nature, you rock for that one. When I left Zumba tonight (where I apparently didn't get the memo that we could wear costumes tonight, oops), it was 7:30 and 66 degrees. Thank you! Now, I heard that it's supposed to drop 20 degrees on Friday so I might be yelling at you then, but for now, I'll take my 70 degrees in October and not wish to move to Florida.
Sincerely,
Loving This Weather in New Hampshire

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So funny because my FAVORITE months are December, January and February (and late November and early March). It's the only time I can actually venture outside and not need a cold IV. The rest of the year is just too damn hot.

P.S. I was like 92 here today.