Sunday, October 31, 2010

Darn You Woodpecker! Go away and peck on someone else!

No, blogger, I have not forgotten about you, but a project took over my life for part of last week and every afternoon/evening the week before. You can be sure there will be a blog about that in the near future. In the mean time, I'm very disturbed to find that a woodpecker has decided to destroy my home. Now when I say destroy I might be slightly exaggerating because he hasn't really ruined the whole thing, but he did peck a hole in the siding at the top of the chimney siding yesterday and today right after I got up he was pecking a hole on the other side of the chimney siding. I wasn't even dressed yet, I had to speed change out of my pj's to go running outside to scare him away. As we all know, I worry too much and I'm now paranoid that he's going to peck all over my house and I have no idea how to get rid of him. I googled how to get rid of woodpeckers and the articles all suggested putting various things on your home, which I'm not sure I can do since I live in a condo and thus have to ask permission to do anything, but even if they say yes, I don't have a ladder tall enough to reach the top of my chimney nor would I necessarily feel that comfortable being up that high on one of those what I call one-sided ladders. I'm a klutz people, I only do the ladders that open up and are securely stable on land on four legs. Additionally, I have to have some wood siding replaced on my home, can you imagine if I get it replaced and a woodpecker starts pecking through it. Who can afford to keep replacing siding due to a stupid bird?! Suddenly, the squirrels that keep eating my flowers and pumpkins don't seem so annoying any more, at least they are not destroying my house. It's practically November, aren't birds supposed to be flying south for the winter?

No comments: