Saturday, January 8, 2011

In a previous blog, I gave myself a goal of cooking/baking something new each week. Well, I didn't exactly reach my goal, but I came close. See some weeks, I made two news things to make up for the weeks I didn't make anything new. And some of the new things, well, they weren't really new as I'd made them before, but it was the first time I'd made them here or in recent history. So I should at least get an A for effort, right? I continue to believe that I am a much better baker than cook, but I think there is still some hope for my cooking skills. Anyway, here's how it went.

Week 1 (way back in Sept) Chicken Parm--surprisingly good (good enough that I made it again the following month for my mom's birthday dinner)

2. Pumpkin Bars (yum!, )

3. Apple bread (yum! I'm biased, but I got good feedback on this)

4. Crab dip (I liked it, but of the three groups of people I made it for, it was only a big hit with the last group so I guess I may only make this for work events :))

5. Apple dip (loved it and got good feedback on that too)

6. Stuffed zucchini (tasted good, but gutting a zuc while trying to keep the rest in tact was no walk in the park, mine perhaps should have been called partially stuffed zucchini with most of the stuffing on the side, it tasted good though)

7. Cupcakes (I've totally made cupcakes before, but not for a while and it was the only "new" thing for that week, and the first time I made them in the new home so onto the list it goes and my friends liked them so it's staying)

8. Quesadillas (I made them on a quesadilla maker, does that even count? so good though)

10. Brownie pie (not bad, but not as good as I was hoping, mostly it just tasted like brownie with a pie crust)

11. Broccoli Cheese Bake (I've totally made that before, but not for ages and it's good, think I may make it again this week)

12. Mozzarella (sp?) balls; well, the two that I didn't burn were good, but yeah, most of these end up in the trash because I didn't think the heat was up high enough so then I turned it up too high and burned them and my condo was nice and smoky to greet my college friends the first time they came over, what a lovely first impression, thankfully most (but sadly not all) of the smoke had cleared by the time they got there

13. Chocolate Chips Cheesecake (mixed reviews; Mom and I liked it, Mike didn't)

14. Baked chicken with stuffing (no idea what it's called, someone at work gabe me the recipe, but since it includes chicken and stuffing that's what I'm calling it for bloggingn purposes); really good, had someone else try it too and he liked it

15. Oreo balls (yum! although they didn't look as pretty as they should have, they tasted delicious and I'm not just saying that, my family kept eating them on Christmas and even the ones who don't give out a ton of compliments told me several times how good they were)

17. Cream Cheese brownies (hadn't made them in 5 or more years so I'm counting it and they were good)

16. Apple chicken (not bad, but a little dry and I didn't get to eat it 'til almost 10:00 at night because I had a crockpot recipe for it and someone gave me a crockpot for Christmas so I figured I should probably use it, but I didn't get to eat it 'til almost 10:00 at night (okay so that was also technically made it 2011, not 2010, but close enough)

No comments: