Monday, July 25, 2011

Here's Hoping the Third Time's a Charm

I've heard the third time's a charm and I've heard bad things come in three's so either I'm hoping by this time tomorrow or a little thereafter I've been charmed and/or my bad luck is over. As you may remember from a previous blog, my car and I are not bff's. I have taken my car to a local shop twice to be fixed. The first time they "fixed" the problem (about two weeks ago) it cost "only" $111 or $113. Sadly, that is cheaper than many of my car problems. Well, alas the problem was not really fixed as last week I had to bring it in again to get fixed because the check engine light came back on. Approximately, $700 later everything was all set (Tuesday). Well, here we are one week later and guess what? My check engine light is on AGAIN. Seriously?! Seriously?! Yes, seriously. So guess what I get to do after work tomorrow? Take it in again. I'd like to take it to a different place, but since this place has all ready "fixed" my car twice, they told me to bring it back and I guess I have to in case they messed something up. They warrantied their work so if I go there, they will "fix" (or hopefully fix) it for free, where at this point if I bring it some place else, it could cost another $700. UGH! Why can't I live within walking distance of work?

No comments: