Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sleep, Hair, Eggs, Etc.

It seems like every time I turn around, people are talking about getting older. I finally accepted the fact that I turned 30 and was okayish with it--as one of my friends said, it beats the alternative (not making it to 30), but truth be told it doesn't feel that different from turning 22 or 26 or 29 or, you get the point . Yesterday I was walking with some friends who are ten plus years older than I am (and absolutely wonderful). They talked about how when you get to be their age, you don't sleep so well, you keep waking up during the night. Guess what? I slept fine Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, but last night I woke up several times. Go figure! A couple of weeks ago some people started talking about hair. Someone said you should start dying your hair at 30. What?! I wasn't aware of that. My hair is still blonde, why do I need to spend money on hair dye? (Someone did correct this person and tell her most people can wait 'til 40, phew, I've got 10 years to save). Someone else told me you shouldn't have hair as long as mine at my age. What?! Why not? I'll have you know, I have a friend 9 years older than me and her hair is just as long as mine. My hair looks awful really short and I want to still be able to put it in a pony tail for dance class, the gym, Zumba, walks, bad hair days, etc. I'll trim it, but I'm not cutting it all off just because I'm "old." Moving on, on this happy topic, I heard once you get to be a little older than me, it's a BIG pain in the arse to lose weight--great, I struggle with that now, I can only imagine how it'll be if I turn 40. Finally, a friend of mine, recently told me she wanted to have a kid soon while her eggs were still good. She is not much older than I am. Does this mean I need to get married now and start popping out babies? I'm so not ready for that yet! I still have a couple of things on my to do list before babies. Well, I hope I haven't depressed any 30 or 30 plus-year-olds with my today's blog. Maybe I'll do what my friend is doing on her birthday next week and instead of turning 30, she is turning 29 and 12 months. :-) Happy Summer! Stay cool.

No comments: