Thursday, June 28, 2012

Brunch anyone?

Do you ever host parties, dinners, etc?  Do you ever worry that you won't have enough food even though that's NEVER really been a problem.  Well, that happened to me over the weekend.  My brother was home for the weekend and my grandmother was up visiting so I hosted a family brunch for 10 (supposed to be 12, but two were out of town).  Apparently, I must have thought there were going to be 110 or 112 instead of 10 or 12.  My mom said she'd help so since it was brunch I agreed to do the breakfasty food and she said she'd do lunch (i.e. sandwiches and salad; she also bought Sunchips and bacon and sausage in hopes that my uncle would cook those).  I made:  fruit salad, stuffed french toast, crabmeat quiche, strawberry pizza, chocolate chip muffins, blueberry muffins, monkey bread (in a bundt pan this time not a springform pan so no smoke detectors went off--hmm, I can't remember if I ever blogged about that, that might have to be tomorrow's blog) and chocolate peanut butter cup cupcakes.  Oh, and I bought bagels.  I also was going to make scrambled eggs, but my uncle made those.  Well, Mom  also brought more muffins and a dessert (kind of like homemade ice-cream sandwich brownies, I'm not doing a good job explaning them).  My uncle brought bacon, sausage, eggs (so he never ended up cooking the ones my mom brought) and then my aunt brought a fruit platter with dip.  Let's just say there is no room in my fridge despite my begging people to eat more.  One person ate before he came, one person wasn't hungry, and one person only had a bagel.  I managed to freeze a few things (the muffins and leftover monkey bread).  I sent Mom home with some of the leftovers and my aunt took some leftover fruit, but basically my fridge is full so if you'd like to come over for brunch please let me know, you'd be doing me a favor as I hate wasting food.  Oh, and I didn't even mention the beverages lol.  I have company coming for breakfast tomorrow and I shared some strawberry pizza with some friends yesterday.  And to think I worried I wouldn't have enough food! Below are pictures of:   my freezer full of leftovers, Mom's ice-cream thingys, my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes, stuffed french toast, and strawberry pizza. 



No comments: