Saturday, June 2, 2012

Random Questions and A Random Thought


Random thoughts, there is no real rhyme or reason to today's blog...
Why do "short" work weeks feel long? 
Why is there always so much work to do right before vacation?  Perhaps to make us appreciate vacations more...
Why do squirrels run halfway across the road and then turn around and run back instead of just going all the way across?  Do you think they're trying to cause accidents? 
Why does the cable decide to go out the night you want to watch an "important" sporting event? 
On international flights, how come the taxes and fees cost more than the flight?  Seriously, I just booked an international flight and the taxes and fees were over half the total price. 
Why are the portions at The Cheesecake Factory so big?  And why is the cheesecake so good?  I guess for the price you pay for it, it better be good. 
Why did the birds insist on waking me up at 4:30am this week?


Speaking of waking up at 4:30am, I've been waking up early lately thanks to some annoyingly loud birds.  This is especially annoying as my alarm doesn't go off until 6:30 so as you can imagine I do not appreciate being woken up 2 hours before that.  I am NOT a morning person.  And the past few nights I stayed up 'til 11 or later (not always by choice, blame the workload).  Well, last night I went to bed just before midnight, woke up briefly at 6:30 (no birds, thank goodness) and fell back to sleep and woke up at, wait for it...10:49!  I was in shock!  I can't remember the last time I got that much sleep.  Do you think I was tired?!  :-P  Maybe I'm finally catching up on that lost sleep.  Of course that kind of messed up my plans for a productive morning and a relaxing afternoon.  Instead I had a productive afternoon/evening and then went to The Cheesecake Factory with Mike, which was good, but nearly a 3 hour event since it takes a little while to get there the wait was an hour.  It was good though, of course when I enter my Weight Watcher points I might get "slightly" hysterical.  Ooops!  Happy Sunday all! 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

If you look at the calorie count for meals at the Cheesecake Factory they are like 4 servings each. That doesn't answer why the meals are so big, but it's just an interesting tidbit.

Also, I have not slept through the night in almost 14 months. Sometimes I dream, literally, about sleeping even 6 hours in a row. Since Elliott was born I think my record is 4.5.