Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 2: The Conclusion

Are you ready for me to finish with day two and move on to day 3?  Sorry I'm taking so long to get through it.  So picking up from last time...that day, we got to go see a glacier. We spent a good amount of time there, walking around and taking pictures. That was kind of cool. I'd seen glaciers before, but I think that was the first time I ever got to walk on one.  It was crazy foggy that day.       
   
 

We also stopped at a place where we watched a short movie about how the Eyjafjallajökull (I hope I got that right) volcano erruption affected local people.

We stopped to see some Icelandic horses.  FYI, Icelandic horses are pure.  You cannot bring horses into Iceland and if you take an Icelandic horse out of Iceland, it is not allowed back in.  Interestingly, when Icelanders go to horse shows, they do not bring their best horses because then they couldn't bring them back into Iceland. 

Aside from a rest stop, we also stopped to walk/jump on a moss field.  Now that was cool.  It feels weird, but cool. 

Got back to our hotel, hung out for a little while, then asked the front desk for suggestions on where to go for dinner.  The man at the desk found us a place, made us a reservation and off we went.  Dinner was good, but expensive, so it better be good.  Neither of us had dessert or alcoholic drinks and it still cost over $80.  My friend got an appetizer, but really for one app and two dinners, $84?  Yikes!  I had "salted cod," which was good, but definitely salty and it came with "cod cheeks," not entirely sure what those were, but they were yummy.  By the time we were done, it was nearly midnight so we called it a day (after getting only a little lost walking by to our hotel).  There ya' go, three blog posts later, I finally finish writing about one day.  :-p 

No comments: