Friday, September 14, 2012

It's Breakfast Time a.k.a. Dish 7

Sorry to break up the Iceland posts, but I'm trying to keep up with my 52 Dishes in 52 Weeks and though I'm on schedule in "real life," I'm behind in "blog life."  So far in my 52 Dishes in 52 Weeks project, I had made some dinners and desserts.  It was time to mix it up.  I decided to go the breakfast route.  I spent some time googling and came up with Pennsylvania Dutch Breakfast Cake.  I had all the ingredients and it wasn't too hard to make.  So I made it for me (which lasted AGES because I'm only one person, I ended up freezing some of it).  Post-Iceland I had plans to go to a friend's lake house in Maine for the weekend and I offered to bring a dessert and breakfast dish so I brought muffins and made the Pennsylvania Dutch Breakfast Cake.  People seemed to like it so I'd call that one a success too. I liked it and I think if I ever host a breakfast/brunch again, it's something I would make. 

No comments: