Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 2 Continued: More Cool Scenery

So in my last Iceland blog, we had just met the puffins.  We saw the puffins at the black sand beaches.  And yes, the sand was really black (not like Bermuda when they tell you the sand it pink and you foolishly--at least in my case--expect that sand to be completely pink only find out it's just pink specs in the sand).  The weather was cold, foggy, and rainy so there weren't people lounging around on the beach.  The waves were pretty rough too.  Nonetheless, we had fun checking out the puffins, posing for pics near the basalt columns and caves, and in front of the water. 

 
  
 
 
 
After that we went to the village of Vik for lunch and time to peek around a wool shop and see and an elf house.  If we'd had more time there and the weather had been a bit better, I guess we could have gotten some scenic photos, but no luck.  This was also around the time my camera started getting tempermental and not working very well so I didn't get any pictures in Vik.  :-( 


After Vik, we got to explore some tufted houses (my camera was still not behaving very well, but I got a few shots.)  I really liked those.  :-) 

 
 
Inside the houses, our tour guided pointed out how small some of the beds were. 
 
 
 
 

No comments: