Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Let's Talk About Cake

Hello Bloggers!  I'm back!  Yay!  Over the past couple of weeks when I've been slacking on my blog I thought of several things I wanted to blog about, but do you think now when I finally have time to blog that I can remember a single one of them? NO!  So we're just going to talk about cake today.  My fiancé and I did our cake tastings (yes, plural, the reception site sent us to two places).  Let's just say it's a good thing I scheduled these for AFTER Lent was over (you know since I wasn't eating chocolate).  Let's just say cake tasting is a bad idea if you're still trying to lose 10 more pounds before your wedding.  I've seen all the TV shows so I know you can do cool things with cakes.  I've been to enough weddings to know wedding cakes look beautiful.  I did not know how many decisions a person had to make when selecting a cake.  There are so many designs, flavors, fillings, frostings, etc.  It was deliciously overwhelming.  Lemon, strawberry, peanut butter, chocolate, cream cheese, raspberry, Bailey's, Amaretto, cherry, buttercream,--and those are just the fillings that I can remember!  Don't even get me started on flavors, frostings, mixing and matching, etc.  I mean there were a few flavors I knew I wouldn't like--I don't really like lemon, but flavors I thought I wouldn't like turned out to be quite tasty.  Let's just say I'm glad I blocked out a good chunk of time at the gym on each of the two cake tasting days. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

MMMMMM! Yummy! I can't wait to see it and to taste it.

BTW. I quite randomly went shopping today and found a dress that I want to get for a shower I am throwing and also for the rehearsal dinner. But they didn't have my size. Damn it! I'm going to check another store tomorrow.