Friday, May 9, 2014

I used to like to shop...

Usually I like shopping.  There are two types of shopping, I almost NEVER enjoy.  One is going to a certain store to buy things on baby registries.  The problem is I can never find anything.  It says aisle three and I go to aisle three and there it is NOT.  Despite this, if I ever decide I can handle having a child, I will probably register at this store because there are only so many baby stores close by.  The other type of shopping I do not like is bathing suit shopping.  Shopping for clothes is usually fun, same with Christmas shopping, book shopping, even grocery shopping is fine (except on weekends, I learned that the hard way).  Anyway, my bachelorette party is this weekend.  I am nervous and excited.  I was told I needed a bathing suit.  I had a bathing suit I did not hate. I bought it two years ago, but at the end of last summer the clasp broke.  So last week, I went to the store to find one.  Bathing suit shopping is painful.  Some of my friends equate it to a mild form of torture.  First you have to find one that fits.  Then you need one with a little support.  As my godmother would say, I'm not as "gifted" in that area as some people, but you want to stay in place.  I don't do bikinis so that rules out half the suits.  I just want a decent tankini or a one piece that doesn't break the bank account.  You'd think that would be easy enough, right?  WRONG!  If you want to feel bad about the way you look (which really I can do without help ha ha), just go bathing suit shopping.  When did my arms get so fat?  Why aren't these exercise to reduce armpit fat working?  Why does half a tankini cost $35?    Why does this suit make me look fat?  Well, you get the idea.  I did finally buy one.  It didn't work any miracles, but the good thing abut burning so easily is I can usually hide under a t-shirt.  I'm not sure I can get away with that at the indoor pool this weekend.  I hope if you have to go bathing suit shopping any time soon, it goes much better and happier for you.  So while I am looking forward to this weekend, if anyone takes a picture of me in a new bathing suit, you will NOT be seeing it on here or hopefully, anywhere.  My friend told me to bring a camera this weekend and take lots of pics.  I plan to, but if anyone takes a pic of me in my new suit, we are no longer friends.  ha ha.  :-p  Have a fabulous weekend!      

No comments: