Thursday, May 1, 2014

Weird Weather

So I don't know about where you live, but where I live we have had some wacky weather.  Of course I often think we have weird weather so that's probably not saying much.  A week or two ago it was near 80 degrees one day and back in the 40s two days later.  A friend of mine who lives in a much warmer climate kindly invited me to visit her--okay, let's be honest, I kind of invited myself--last year at this time of year and I had a lovely trip (you can scroll back a while and read blogs on it if you're interested).  We were joking that I should come again this year, but with trying to save for  a wedding and honeymoon, it just was not a realistic possibility.  Then a few days ago I woke up and there was SNOW, yes, SNOW on the ground.  I'd almost put out the patio furniture a day or two before that, good thing, I didn't.  Did I mention that two days before the snow came it was in the 70s? I told her I'd be buying a plane ticket that evening.  Unfortunately, I didn't play the lottery so I couldn't win hence no plane ticket, but good grief after this winter, it was sure tempting!  I will admit the snow was light, they didn't even have to plow and it was gone by the time I got home from work, but still, snow, now??!?  Once when I was in college, we had a few flakes in MAY. UGH!  I am on vacation this week and given that it's nearly May this should be a lovely week to be on vacation and enjoy the outdoor weather, but I guess Mother Nature didn't get the memo.  It'll probably be nice when I go back to work next week.  Sigh  :-(  The good thing about yucky weather is that it does cause one to get things done that one might otherwise procrastinate because one has time to do them.  It also allows a person time to catch up on blogging.  :-)  Nonetheless, I'm still hoping for sunshine and warm weather before the week is through.      

1 comment:

Natalie said...

The invitation still stands. It pretty much always stands. I am inviting you to come visit from now until the year 2200. That should be long enough to account for medical advances in longevity.