Sunday, May 4, 2014

Let's Talk Make Up

Okay, I'll be honest, I don't wear make up that often.  I mean I probably should, but I'm lazy, yes, lazy.  No, not even so much lazy as I don't like getting up early.  I get up for work at 6:30am and that is early enough for me thank you very much.  If I were to wear make up to work each day, I'd have to get up earlier than 6:30 and 6:30 is early enough.  I wear make up to work approximately 11 days a year.  I'm totally serious on that number.  If you really wanted to know, I could even tell you which 11 days I usually wear it.  This year I will wear it 12 days because my job is throwing me a bridal shower so I will likely get up a few minutes early and put make up on that day. By the way, when I say make up I mean like foundation and lipstick/gloss.  That's it.  I can't stand having stuff put on my eyes.  I'm weird, I know.  Aside from the 11 (or in the case of this year 12) days I wear make up to work, I will also wear it for weddings, parties, and other special events.  Oh, and I do dance so during the years when I participate in the yearly show, I am required to wear make up.  That's amusing.  A lady in my class tried to do my eyes once and I was in a back bend, I didn't even know I could do a back bend, but every time she came near my eyes I kept backing away and I was nearly in a back bend.  Anyway, the reason I bring all this is up is because I figure for my own wedding I should probably wear make up.  It would be nice if I could look good in the pictures.  And if I want to look good (or at least better than I do now), someone other than me should do my make up.  Um, do you have any idea how much it costs to get your make up done, especially if it's for your own wedding!  Holy cannoli!  Including a trial and day of application, many places wanted to charge $200!  For that price, they should be able to make me look good for a month!  I just hope the person who has to deal with me is patient and has good aim because when she comes near my eyes I may find I can do a back bend again... 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I had a lady who worked for Mary Kay do my make-up for my wedding. She did it for free, I just bought a few products from her. She did all my bridesmaids make-up too. Maybe you could look for someone like that and save a few bucks!