Friday, December 5, 2014

Two Days to Go

The Wednesday before my wedding, I went to work as usual, but the rest of the day was certainly not typical, well, I guess it was in a sense that I was doing a lot of running around and that can be normal for me some days, much as I don't enjoy it.  But let's rewind a bit shall we?  I went from work to the bridal store to pick up my wedding dress--so exciting and thankfully, it still fit.  Actually, as I found out on Friday morning, it was a tiny bit big.  Following dress pick up--Mom and Grammy met me there--it was back home.  My mom had kindly made tags for my favors (you know the things that say thanks for coming and have a date on them.  We did a little play on words since the favors were sweet treats and in addition to the thanks they said something along the lines of it was "sweet" of you to come to join us.  Tying these on the bags took longer than I thought.  I had been telling my friend and co-worker Melissa about this and she kindly offered to come over and help me.  At first I was reluctant to accept her help, as I didn't want to bother her, but in the end I gladly accepted and thank goodness.  It went to much quicker with two people.  We tied all the tags on, made sure the candies were set--wrapped and had stickers on them, and defrosted the mini loaves of bread.  Melissa left when everything was set and I inhaled some lunch and finished writing out my thank you cards to the wedding party.  Then it was off to the gym then back here to hustle to change and go get a pedicure.  They told me the whole pedicure would take 45 minutes.  My appointment was at 6:00 and I had to meet with the priest who was marrying us at 7:30--more on that in a bit.  So I figured that gave me plenty of time even if they were running a few minutes late.  WRONG!  They were over a half hour late taking me for my appointment.  I told them I really should leave by 7:15, but could leave at 7:20 if I absolutely had to.  I didn't get out of there 'til 7:25--plus I had to walk to the car so add another 2 minutes and then drive to the church.  Thanks to all this rushing, I ruined two of my toes--the polish I mean, not my actual toe.  I had a nail polish that was fairly close to the color on my toes so I filled in the chipped spots and I don't think it was too noticeable.  I know how petty I sound, but considering pedicures aren't cheap, I wanted it to last longer than 2 minutes!  I apologized to the priest many times.  My fiancĂ© was all ready there and I know he wasn't thrilled about me being late, but he managed to chat with the priest 'til I got there.  The actual meeting (which I was 10 minutes late for--thank goodness for no traffic) was no more than 15 minutes long.  So the meeting when well, despite me being embarrassed about being late, but the priest gave us a homework assignment--we had to write how we met and what we liked about each other.  I stopped by my parents' house to pick up a few more favor tags, talked to Mom and Gram for a few then back home to put the defrosted mini loaves of bread in the bags, do my homework assignment, do some last minute stuff for work since I was going to be away, and eat some dinner.  It was nearly midnight by the time I went to bed.  My brother arrived (he took a late evening flight) a little before 3am.  I heard him come in--my fiancĂ© let him in and got him situated--got up said a quick hello then tried to get some sleep until the alarm went off at 6:30am.  But we'll pick up there in a future blog post. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I had no idea that any of that happened. And I was "in the area" at that point. This is exciting to read, even all these months later!