Saturday, March 18, 2017

Pre-Cruise

So a couple of weeks ago, I went on a cruise with my husband, one of my bffs, and her husband. Since I often blog about my vacations, why stop now.  :-) Here's a short one.  The cruise departed from NYC.  I've never been on a cruise in February before.  It was strange to pack for winter and summer.  I needed winter clothes for the beginning and end of the cruise, but summer clothes for the middle of the cruise. And what about shoes? (I ended up not bringing too many shoes.)  Anyway, the bus we were supposed to take got canceled, which was annoying, but worked out because the bus we were on was nowhere near full.  We had plenty of room to spread out.  My one complaint (actually I have another one) was the reading lights didn't work.  I brought several books thinking I'd read at least one on the way down, but after 5:30, I couldn't read a thing so I put my new Kindle to good use and watched some show called "Catastrophe," which was entertaining.  My husband told me I did not need to bring 4 books on a week long cruise and I was like, but I'll read at least two on the bus.  Yeah, he was right--again.  I did not read 4 books.  (My other complaint was the bathroom--yeah, let's just say not pretty.  I travel a lot and I have to go the bathroom a lot because I drink a lot of water so I've dealt with nasty bathrooms, but this was a whole new adventure.  As in I didn't want to sit on the seat.  Have you ever tried to squat on a moving bus?  TMI?  Sorry  No wonder they have so many handles in there.  Let's just say the bus ride home was a good exercise in bladder control and dehydration because I had no desire to use the bus bathroom again after that.)  Anyway, we got to NYC, checked into our hotel, had dinner, drinks, and then it was bed time because tomorrow was cruise time, woohoo!

No comments: