Thursday, March 16, 2017

TV Time

I feel like many of blogs are either complaints or vacation posts.  So today let's switch gears.  Let's talk TV.  What are your favorite shows?  I have a few long time ones and some new enjoyable ones this year.  

Madam Secretary--got hooked on this a couple of years ago, just becaue the previews looked good.  My husband says it's an old person's show. My Dad said it's a woman's show.  Either way, I still like it. Even if it makes me an old woman.

This is Us--again the previews last summer intrigued me so I decided to check it out and got hooked.  I laugh, I cry, etc.  I love it.  I'm a few weeks behind and I hear I may need more tissues, so hopefully, it's not too many tears.

Law and Order SVU--so as much as this show disturbs me at times, I've been watching it for ages.  A few of us used to even watch it together in college.  I still miss Stabler and I miss Munch's one liners, but Benson is great and the new characters have grown on me.  Plus I've been watching it forever so why stop now.

Chicago PD--I kind of started accidentally watching this because it had some crossover episodes with SVU.  It's not my fave, but my husband really likes it so I usually watch it with him.


Grey's Anatomy--I never watched this show when it first came out, but then it seemed like everyone was watching it.  So thanks to Netflix, friends, etc, I started watching it and this past summer I caught up to the current season and for the first time I'm watching it almost on time.  I'm a couple of weeks behind right now.

Hawaii Five 0--We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon so we decided about a year before the honeymoon to check this show out.  I didn't love it right away, but I soon got hooked.  I may or may not have a crush on Alex O'Loughlin.  So now we watch it nearly every week because we are old and tired on Friday nights.  Occassionally, we'll have a life and watch it on Saturday afternoon instead.  :-)  

So those are my shows.  I want to give "Chicago Justice" a try because it's by the same guy who did "Law and Order" and I really liked that show.  And we'll probably watch "Designted Survivor." I also enjoyed "Two Broke Girls," but life got in the way so I've missed that this year.  I'll have to Netflix it this summer.  Same with "Jane the Virgin."   I watched that regularly until this year and then life happened again so that may be a Netflixer too.  I've also been checking out shows from time to time on Netflix. (Like Gilmore Girls, I want another 4 episodes, I loved that show, but the extra 4 episodes weren't enough.)  Gosh reading all that makes me sound like I'm addicted to tv, but I guess in actuality it only amounts to one show a night so it's not so terrible.  

No comments: