Sunday, March 11, 2018

And onto the filing cabinet.

I'm impresssed you're still here and not bored to tears with all of my decluttering posts.  I'll throw in some other topics soon.  And I'll keep this one shortish.  I think it was over Christmas vacation that I finally sat down and confronted my filing cabinet.  I was so proud of myself when I got my filing cabinet.  It was certain to keep my paperwork oragnized and prevent it from piling up on the coffee table.  And that worked to an extent, but it had been a while, make that a long while since I had cleaned out my filing cabinet.  Do I dare admit to you that I found papers in there from 2012 that I no longer needed? Well, I went through all of my stuff and made my husband do the same and my goodness, there is SO much room in there now.  I got rid of tons of stuff.  I couldn't even shred it all in one sitting because there was too much.  The shredder got too hot and I had to wait for it to cool down so I could shred more stuff.  It was two hours well spent (plus the time it took to shred everything). 

Quick funny story, when my husband and I were dating, he asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said a filing cabinet or a printer.  His mother asked what he was going to get me and he said a filing cabinet or a printer and she was shocked.  She told him you aren't supposed to get that for your gf for her birthday so he got me a braclet--which I do like and still wear, but that Christmas I did get my filing cabinet.  :-)

No comments: