Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Bye Bye Books???


If you’ve read any of my recent blog posts, you know I like to read.  With very few exceptions I read a book once, put it on a bookshelf (or sometimes loan it to a friend) and there it stays and stays and stays.  Once in a while if the book is made into a movie, I might go back and look something up in it to see if that really happened in the book, but that’s it.  The books just stay in my bookshelf or in a pile in front of the bookshelf because the bookshelf is full.  Eventually, I donated a few here and there because I was running out of room until I recently finally took the advice of The Life Changing Magic of Tiding Up and donated a bunch of my books.  I’m sure I could have done better because I kept a few that I will probably never read again, but either they were classics (Jane Austen, hello!) or I really like the book and for some reason couldn’t let it go.  So I filled up another trash bag and partial box and added them to the donation pile.  I’m enjoying the fact that my bookshelves are no longer overflowing.  Recently, I finished another book; I wrote it down on my 2018 book list and then added it to the donation bag.  Go me!    That reminds me, I should do some reading right now.  I’ve got to get that pile down and keep up my declutter.  Until next time…

No comments: