Thursday, November 4, 2010

Words I'll Read, Mouth, Listen to, and Apparently Sing, but Not Say

I have two new favorite songs, actually, I don't think either of them are that new, but I've been MIA in blogland lately. So one of them is the "King of Anything," which I love, I think partially because it's one of those songs you want to sing along to and think ha, in your face to those people who have annoyed you in life. Of course I could never really stand up to anyone who's driven me crazy in life because I'm too chicken, but it's nice to pretend and it's fun to sing along to that song--as long as I'm alone. I can't carry a tune to save my life so I sing in the car or when I'm alone. The only time I don't sing along is when I have to sing a song for the kiddos at work or if I'm at a bar and everyone is singing along to the music. Okay, I digress so the other song I like, I don't remember the name of it, but it uses the F word like 100 times. I,t's SO unlike me to be all about a song with swears. I don't swear terribly often. In fact once in 9th grade after a particularly bad geometry test, I whispered the words to a word that starts with sh and rhymes with kit and my friends were all OMG, you don't swear, I can't believe you just (almost) said that, blah blah blah. Now it's still more likely than not that I'll make it through a day without swearing, but it's not quite as unheard of for me to do it now. Getting stressed out will cause you to say some weird things in anger. Although, truth be told, I more mumble it, than anything else. When I dressed up as a gangster for Halloween, I was all about talking like one, yo, yo, yo, what's up mother--BLEEP, but I tried and I could do the yo yo yo, but I kept whispering the "bad words." Can we just reflect on the fact that I am so NON-GANGSTA. My poor mother was shocked when she saw the pic on facebook. So anyway, I don't think less of you if you swear, I mean if you come up to me and start calling me a bunch of words that you can't say on network tv, I may cry, but truth be told, I might cry if you call me a poopoo head or some other silly not nice thing because I cry at everything. And there was some movie I watched last year, I think it was something by Quentin Tarantino (too lazy to look up correct spelling of his name) and I turned to the person I was watching it with and said, that is so annoying, no one says the f word that many times, like every other word out of his mouth. I totally overuse the word like and I don't say it as much as this movie uses the f word. I've seen plenty of movies with swears in them, movies, I liked, but seriously you can say a word, f word or anything else, too many times. So now that I've gone on this long pointless tangent, let's get back to the song...the song repeats the line, it's not your fault, but mine, I really f---ed it up this time, didn't I my dear. No idea why, but I love this song. I heard it at trivia the other night. Yes, trivia, two of my friends who I have been friends with since jr. high (one) and high school (the other one) go to trivia at this local Irish pub every other week (they go every week, but I'm on the every other plan right now). One of my friend's co-workers often goes too. It's so much fun, even if we're not that good, and by we, I mean me, because they are pretty good. I've gotten us a few points, but the useless information I know hasn't come up in trivia too many times yet. So yeah, in between each ? they play one song so you have time to answer and that was the song. Then a week later, I heard it on the radio (obviously with the f word bleeped out). So yeah, that's my story. So you might not hear me swearing, but you might hear me mouthing the words to swears in songs. I'm so weird!

No comments: