Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in Review

As 2010 comes to a close, I suppose it's time for a lame year in review. Here are some memorable (good and bad) events from 2010.



January 2010

-The transmission in my car was finally fixed and cost 1 month's pay. UGH!

-I signed yet another extension on the short sale I'd been trying to buy since June of 2009.

February 2010

-Much to my dismay, the aforementioned short sale did not work out (btw last I heard, it's still on the market and the asking price is now $20,000 less than I offered, perhaps they should have accepted my offer, ha!)

-Great trip to NYC to visit Jenni where I tried Indian Food, went to Serendipity, and went to The Met

March 2010

-Put an offer on another condo, which was rejected because a better offer came in at the 11th hour (or whatever that expression is)

-Went to a UNH/BC hockey game was totally torn on who to cheer for

April 2010

- Wine and Food Fest (too much good food!)

-Saw "Rent"

-Got strep throat for the first time in my life; and for the first time ever I had to take two sick days; never taken more than one in a year prior to that

-Spent way too much on car repairs

-Caught up with some good friends over April vacation

May 2010

-Made an offer on another condo

-Annual trip to the Chocolate Buffet

-Hosted another successful authors' tea at work

June 2010

-Offer on condo was accepted (darn near passed out from shock)

-Successfully co-chaired a big event at work for the first time

-Fabulous trip to Colorado, Arizona and Las Vegas (highlights of these trips have been mentioned in previous blogs so I won't bore you)

July 2010

-End of Vegas trip

-Bought a condo

-Spent a LOT of time (and $) working on said condo

August 2010

-Girls Weekend in NYC

-Fabulous cruise to Bermuda

-Moved into my condo

September 2010

-Willingly went to a football game

October 2010

-Found out I both hate and suck at priming (and painting, but mostly priming) wood siding

-Cooked my mom a birthday dinner for the first time in my life (and she actually enjoyed it); there may be hope for my cooking skills after all

November 2010

-Turned 29 again, okay, not really, hit the big 3-0, but celebrated with a surprise party so that made it bearable and the party was a great time

-Also had three Thanksgiving dinners between Nov and Dec, which was unusual

-Was wicked excited to decorate my home for Christmas; and put my tree up Thanksgiving weekend b/c I was so excited

-Learned why people complain about budget meetings

December 2010

-Christmas with the UNH girls

-Christmas with the Nashua girls

-Christmas Eve and Christmas

-Got a dishwasher finally--sorry people, but yes, this was exciting for me

-NY Eve, good times!

Certainly not perfect and it sure had it stresses, but 2010 wasn't bad, here's hoping for a great 2011. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

jess said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! you certainly had a big 2010! wonder what you'll run into for 2011! all good things i bet!!!
ps an author's tea?!?!?! what is this and when can i go to one?!

Cat said...

It's when my students (the "authors") read their best writing to their parents/family/whoever. It's usually at the end of the school year. :)