Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas! I believe all of my blog readers (you know since there's so many of them ha ha ha) celebrate Christmas so it's PC of me to say it. Since it's Christmas Eve Day, I wanted to do a Christmasy blog, but I've all ready done decorations, shopping, and lights. So here are some high-lights and low-lights of the Christmas season thus far. We'll get the lows over with first:

-Receiving (or perhaps I should say getting stuck with) a Sarah Palin book and non-winning scratch tickets at a Yankee Swap (I mean no disrespect to Ms. Palin, but seriously, who brings that to a swap? I also got a bizarre gift last year too...)

-Burning my fingers multiple times on snowball cookies (you think I'd learn to let them cool)

-Driving in the snow to get two Christmas cards (because you know I couldn't possibly remember to get them the first time I went out)

-Not getting to go check out all the holiday lights because the two nights we were supposed to do it, it snowed and the roads were crap

Now the good stuff:

-Two sets of neighbors surprising me with little Christmas gifts (and the low light would be I feel like an arse b/c I totally didn't expect it so I had NOTHING for them) when they came today

-Christmas with the UNH girls followed by Christmas with the Nashua girls last night (love seeing the girls)

-Pictures of previous Christmas gatherings with the Nashua girls

-Three fun Christmas parties (two of which produced good Yankee swap gifts hee hee)

-Holiday thoughtfulness from my students

-Cheesy Christmas movies (I loved them! Even found time to fit one in today)

-Christmas carols, lights, and decorations

-Reading The Night Before Christmas to my class yesterday (love that book, but I guess I was deprived as a child b/c my family never read it on Christmas Eve and apparently half the Christmas celebrating world reads it on Christmas Eve; once upon a time when I heard this as a youngin' I would read it to myself on Christmas Eve, yes people, I was "cool" even then ha)

-Christmas cards from friends far and near

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: