Saturday, December 11, 2010

Light Up My Life or at least December

As you know from a previous post, I love Christmas. What is it about Christmas lights that makes me so happy? Maybe because it's depressing that it gets so dark and so cold, that it's nice to see some happy lights. I just love seeing them when I drive, perhaps too much because coming home from work the other night, I had to run an errand so I took a different route home and nearly drove off the road looking at a house that had like a million lights on it. Perhaps I should watch the road and not the insane amount of lights on that one house. Aside from that crazy decorated house in JP several years ago that made the news, I have never seen a house with that many lights. I wonder what that electric bill is. Anyway, I love it. I don't have any bushes or anything in front of my house to decorate so I just have a lighted wreath hanging on the front of my house. My neighbor put lights on her bushes and they look pretty. I did hang icicle lights on my deck, which is kind of silly because I think I'm the only one who can see them, actually the neighbors in back of me can probably glimpse them. My ballet teacher says as long as I can see them and they make me happy, that's all that matters. Aww. I have lights on my tree. And I bought lighted garland that goes up my railing to go upstairs. I even have a little Christmas village on top of my entertainment center that lights up. Yep, I'm a dork! I'm trying to convince MC that we need to go drive through the city to check out all the nicely decorated houses. He tried to take me to some in Dedham, MA last year, but I guess the people moved because there were very few where we went. Recently, I find myself taking the long way to get places so I check out various Christmas lights and I put my tree lights on when I get home from work before I turn the heat up. Do you think I have a weird obsession or something? Don't answer that. One of my neighbors put up his lights that same weekend I did and this weekend two more neighbors just put up their lights. They look great! I love it! Brightens up the whole neighborhood, and people we need more light in this neighborhood, I have to make my guests bring flashlights to walk to my home from guest parking. Hope you're all having a happy holiday season!

1 comment:

jess said...

i love christmas lights too! and i am a total peeping tom, looking in people's windows as i drive by to check out their lights/trees/decorations!
and i think you and your neighbors should leave your lights up year round to brighten up the blair witch darkness around your condos!!!!!! :P