Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

You've heard the expression that goes something like "She's like a kid on Christmas." Yeah, that's me. Thanksgiving night, when the turkey was still digesting, I put up my Christmas tree. Don't most people wait 'til after Thanksgiving to do that? Now in my defense, I did wait 'til the next day to take down my Thanksgiving decorations and decorate my tree and the rest of my home. This is the first year I get to decorate a whole home. I've decorated my parents' tree, my classroom, and my bedroom at previous apartments and the 'rents house, but never my very own home. My decorations aren't even that exciting, in fact some of them are old and some of them are cheesy, but I was just so excited to put them up. After the Black Friday crazies, it was time to decorate!



Let's start with Black Friday. Now, I like to sleep in on my days off so I was not at Kohls at 3am or the mall at 4am. I headed out a little after 9. You hear about all kinds of crazy and rude people coming out on BF, but actually, most of the people I encountered were very nice. They had manners, they were patient, and some of them even made small talk while I was in line. And speaking of lines, they were long, but they kept moving. I went to Bob's and waited in line for 15 minutes to buy two Christmas presents, but aside from that, the lines moved quickly. When I was in high school and part of the time I was in college, I worked on Black Firday (thankfully NOT at 4 am) and despite the long lines and sometimes crazy people, I actually enjoyed working that day because you were so busy that the day would fly. Anyway, I hit up the non-mall stores, then went to the mall, where I spent nearly 45 minutes in the parking lot then met up with a friend to shop with. By the time we were done and I'd only made a small dent in my shopping, it was about 3. 6 hours of shopping? I'm crazy! So it was time to head home and decorate! I put on the Christmas carols, put lights on the tree (well, I tried to, but they didn't work so I got another set, which wasn't long enough so two trips to the Christmas Tree Shop and one trip to CVS later I finally had enough matching sets), set up my little Christmas village, and put decorations on the tables and doors. I also wrapped some presents. I'm so excted! And people in the neighborhood are putting up Christmas lights, I love it!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I am ready to confess. I took Thanksgiving stuff down the day before Thanksgiving. There, I said it. I'm sorry. I didn't decorate for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving though.