Friday, June 28, 2013

Week 34 Clam Chowder Casserole

This recipe was a total accident.  Wait, I should rephrase that.  The recipe wasn't an accident, but my need to make it was.  I bought clams for something a while back and it turned out I bought the wrong kind.  Well thank goodness for google because you can just type in, 'recipes to make with canned clams' (or something similar) and all kinds of things pop up so you can get some use out of your "wrong" clams.  Of course the reason I wanted to make something with the clams was to use the clams NOT to have to purchase a bunch of other stuff so I could use the clams.  Eventually, I found something that I had most of the ingredients for.  One of the only things I needed to buy were oyster crackers.  Unfortunately, the grocery store only had a gigantic bag of oyster crackers.  I should have googled recipes that I could make with oyster crackers.  I think there might still be some sitting in my cabinet.  ANYWAY...I made this recipe and it was okay. Not my favorite, but not bad.  My one complaint is that it doesn't reheat too well.  Usually, I enjoy leftovers, but the leftovers on this dish weren't so wonderful.  They weren't awful, but definitely not as good as leftovers usually are for me.  I shared this recipe with one of my co-workers (I believe my carrot cake blog on here was from her recipe and I have two more of her recipes to try at some point) and she liked it and her husband LOVED it.  She's given me quite a few recipes so I was glad to return the favor so to speak. 


No comments: