Saturday, July 13, 2013

Dish 39 Easter Basket Rice Krispie Treats

I feel like this dish is a bit of a cheat.  I've never made this exact dish before, but it's made from Rice Krispie treats and I've made those many times, in various forms.  My fiancé and I hosted Easter dinner again this year.  He cooked the ham and I did pretty much everything else.  Men!  I still love him though.  It was a bit of a crazy day as we went to a wedding the night before and spent the night at a hotel near the wedding with a bunch of our friends so we had to hustle when we got home.  So anyway, I made these and they were good, BUT I could not get the licorice to stay on (the licorice is supposed to be the handle on the Easter basket) so I ended up not putting handles on a lot of the baskets.  They tasted good, but per usual we had too many desserts.  There were 9 people and three desserts:  a cake shaped like the Easter bunny (Mom makes that every year), cupcakes shaped like bunnies (I made those too), and my Easter Basket Rice Krispie treats.  Oops!  Hey, at least they all tasted delicious.  :-)     

No comments: