Sunday, July 14, 2013

Say Yes to What?

Several of my friends co-workers, etc. have told me that I must watch Say Yes to the Dress.  They say this will be especially helpful since I'm not really sure what I want my wedding dress to look like.  So I've seen bits and pieces of it here and there, but last night I finally watched a couple of episodes.  OMG, do these people think I am coming in to some sort of inheritance??? 
One woman on that show last night bought at $15,000 dress!  Um, that could be a down payment on a house in some places.  That would be the cost of dinner for everyone at some weddings.  I CANNOT afford to spend $15,000 on a dress, I will wear for fewer than 10 hours.  Heck, I wouldn't spend that much on a dress, I was going to wear for more than 10 hours.  There was another woman on the show that BOUGHT not one, not two, but THREE dresses.  Um, I'm worried enough about finding/affording ONE, never mind having to get three dresses.

No comments: