Thursday, July 18, 2013

The "Hot" Top 10

Given that I HATE the cold and much prefer warm weather, I'm not one too USUALLY complain about the heat (though having a broken ac in my car has been a bit annoying when I drive home from work).  Anyway, here's my (really lame) top 10 list for you can tell it's HOT around here.  I was trying to make it an even 10 so some of them are kind of ridiculous.  And to all my friends out west, I know we have nothing to complain about as you've got us beat my many degreees so my apologies in advance.  This not a complaint, merely a list of observations. 

-The heat is the number one (and two and sometimes three) story on the news

-At least 75% of your conversations with co-workers start with them making some comment about the heat

-You work up more of a sweat walking from your car to  the gym than when you're working out in the gym

-You can get a close parking spot at the gym, even during the busy time of day because it's too hot for people to exercise

-It's so hot people are NOT going out for ice-cream because they don't want to leave their air-conditioning

-A school district near you cancels summer school due to the heat

-You find yourself having "lazy" meals because ''it's too hot to cook in your kitchen because there is no a.c.in there"

-You consider paying the $98 to see what is wrong with your car a.c. even though you hate spending money on your car and think spending that much for them to not even fix it is ridiculous.

-You want to do a happy dance because your room at work doesn't normally have a.c., but they have put a temporary a.c. in for you. 

-You write a blog about the heat even though you think all the news stories, fb posts, etc are getting to be a bit much--you've joined the crowd. 

No comments: