Friday, August 28, 2015

Hawaii Days 2 and 3

So Pearl Harbor may not be the most romantic spot to go on your honeymoon, but if you're in Honolulu, you've got to go to Hawaii and despite the sadness that goes with it, we did enjoy it. Again, I would post pictures, but you've all ready heard about my picture drama so I've only got one that I saved elsewhere.  (I saved about 50 pics to my computer in addition to loading them on Shutterfly).  I took approximately 681 pictures during the whole two week honeymoon.



In addition to going to Pearl Harbor on a bus tour, the tour included a brief city tour.



Hawaii Five-0 anyone? Shortly after we booked our honeymoon, we started watching Hawaii Five-0, got hooked on it and then bought/rented previous seasons and got all caught up.  We still enjoy the show now, but it does make us want to go back to Hawaii.  Sadly, we didn't get to meet "Steve" or "Dan O," but apparently we missed them by like a day as they were filming by our hotel the day before we landed and if we'd done one of our tours a day sooner or later (I forget) we would have seen them filming then too.  Aww man.  :-(  But we did get the picture that makes you think of the show.
The tour only took about half a day--we were done in time for lunch--so that afternoon we went back to the Dole Pineapple Plantation to finish looking around--our tour stop there the previous day wasn't too long and there were still things we wanted to see/do.  We did a train ride, shopped, and explored the gardens.  And I tried a delicious pineapple smoothie something or other.  Yum!   I also tried some of Hawaii's famous shave ice that day.  Because you know I was finally happy with my weight so why not stay happy when I could pig out and eat all these sugary things.  OOPS!  I gained four pounds on my honeymoon, but we don't need to discuss that now.  :-)  

The next day we went to this place called Kualoa (sp?) Ranch, where many movies and tv shows have been filmed.  We did the Movie Sites and Ranch tour.  It was okay.  There were some nice views and we got to see a few things from movies and the tv show Lost.  Jurassic Park 4 was filmed there about four months before we were there.




After the tour, we went to the Polynesian Culture Center, which was pretty interesting.  Learned a little bit about a lot of different cultures.


I'm hoping to visit Easter Island some day, but until then what I learned about the island at the PCC will just have to do.  And that night I was very excited to have coconut shrimp for dinner--one of my favorite summer meals. 

No comments: