Monday, August 24, 2015

Party Time!

The limo ride to the reception was a little crowded, but fun and entertaining.  All the bridesmaids and groomsmen were there (and of course my new husband and me).  We got there and nearly immediately began posing for pictures.  It got to be a bit much.  I was starving and ready to be done.  I had originally thought it would be nice to get some pictures by the gazebo and by this nice bridge at the reception site, but we were just so done with posing for pics and we were starving so when the photographers said we could be done if we wanted, we didn't push for any more.  Instead we ran in, joined the bridal party for apps and drinks and very soon it was time for introductions.  I won't bore you with all the details of the reception.  It's true what everyone says:  it goes by fast, you don't eat a lot. The introduction and first dance were fun.  I ate the first course, but then I was so excited I didn't eat much more.  Plus I wanted to get around and say hi to everyone at all the tables before it got too late. That took a while, but we got it done.  The few bites of food I did have were good and people to this day are still talking about how good the food was and how much fun they had dancing.  The dancing was great.  I had so much fun, but it went by so fast!  My maid of honor and matron of honor did a really nice job with their speeches.  Overall, people seemed to have a great time!  I know I did.  And my husband did too.  The last hour went a little slower, but it wasn't long until it was all over. My maid of honor hosted a small after party and we went to that for an hour or an hour and a half, but we were getting pretty tired by that point (Remember how little I slept the night before?  And the night before that my brother woke me up with his 3 am arrival and I had to be up for work at 6:30 am so sleep was definitely lacking in my life).  Our hotel room was so nice.  I wish I had more time to spend there.  The next morning we had a nice post-wedding brunch.  About 30 people came.  And then it was time to pack up and head home.      

No comments: