Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hello Hawaii

Since it took me a year to finally write about my wedding, do you think it will take two to write about my honeymoon?  I'll spare you all the details, but I'll highlight a few things in the next couple of posts.  After the post-wedding brunch, we went back home for a little while to pack some stuff up and we were both in serious need of a nap, but also too excited to sleep much.  I also will confess, I got briefly depressed.  I was really sad that my wedding was over.  All that planning and excitement and suddenly, it was done.  I joked that weddings should last longer.  Anyway, I eventually cheered up again--the thought of going to Hawaii helped.  Did a little laundry and my husband had some last minute errands to run.  We spent the night at his parents house because they live much closer to the airport than we do and they were driving us in the next day.  So we drove down to their house that evening, ordered pizza, ate dinner, and then it was time for some much needed sleep as we had a fairly early flight.  The next day we flew to Hawaii for our honeymoon.  One of the airports where we changed planes was so tiny, but it was nice enough, and despite its size, it had decent food.  We were very excited to land in Hawaii, but also tired as despite the fact that you're just sitting on a plane and not doing a whole lot it is still tiring (or maybe it was the lack of sleep from the previous nights).  Our hotel room was really nice, it had a little kitchen area, small sitting area outside, and an indoor sitting area.  I tried to post pictures, but I can't seem to get them off of Shutterfly and on here, despite a half hour of trying.  That'll teach me to wait a year to try to put pictures on my blog!
We had scheduled a tour of Oahu for the next day.  We enjoyed the tour and got some nice pictures, but I won't bore you with all of them mainly because I can't load them.  Here is one nice view from a stop on our tour.

My husband had one of the best meals of his life on that tour--he still talks about it a year later.  I would show you a picture of the meal, but alas I can't get that to transfer here either.  I forget the name and he is at work, but it's something like loco moco and it includes  rice, a hamburger, egg, gravy, etc all on a bun.  I didn't have one.  I did enjoy a pineapple whip later in the day at the Dole factory.  It's kind of like soft serve ice-cream.    I also tried some macadamia (sp?) nuts, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would.  We even bought some to bring home.  All in all it was an enjoyable first full day in Hawaii.

No comments: