Monday, September 28, 2015

Food Addictions

So I'm going to keep this one brief because I have lots to do, but I'm trying to at least blog once a week since I do enjoy it and as we all know I go through phases where I am a terrible blogger. So tonight I present my latest food addictions.  Do you ever go through phases where you want/make certain foods all the time?  You may remember that a while back it was hummus.  I still enjoy hummus and have it quite regularly, though maybe not quite as much as a while ago.  My two latest:  dark chocolate covered almonds and zucchini chips.  I read somewhere that almonds are good for you and I had some leftover from something I baked so I started sprinkling them on top of my salad.  Fast forward two weeks later and someone at work brings me dark chocolate covered almonds (she didn't even know I'd recently starting eating almonds on my salad).  They were SO GOOD.  I loved them so when my husband was going to the grocery store the next day, I mentioned that if he saw any and wanted to buy me some I would be very appreciative.  Sure enough, he came home with a container full.  Let's just say it was a a struggle to limit myself to one serving a day. My other recent addiction is zucchini chips.  Basically, you slice zucchini, mix it with a little olive oil, bake, and enjoy.  I made them three times last week.  That can't be normal!  And as I sit here typing they are cooking in the oven right now. I suppose there are worse things to be addicted to, but those are my latest food obsessions. How about you?  What foods are you loving these days?

No comments: