Monday, November 27, 2017

Day 10: A Little Baseball And a Little Beer (And some Books)

We did the usual breakfast and gym this morning (and by we I mean we went to breakfast and I went to the gym).  Then we headed to Corrs Field to get tickets to the Rockies baseball game.  We watched the first three innings or so and then my brother, his wife, and two of their friends from back home came to the game.  We joined them and hung out with them for the rest of the game.  I couldn't tell you too much about the rest of the game as we chatted through most of it.  We had a great time though.  We left a little before the game ended because Mike's friends had to catch a flight home.  So we all walked out together then they headed toward the hotel to get their luggage and the four of us went down the street for an eary dinner/late lunch.  It was called Biker Jim's and I believe it's locally famous.  I had some type of vegan hotdog sausage thing that came with cream cheese an onions.  I also tried a random beer, that was just okay.  After dinner we Ubered back to my brother and sister-in-law's house, had a delicious carrot cake cupcake and then wished them well as we wouldn't be seeing them again for a while.  We stopped at Fiction Brewery on the way back to our hotel.  I loved the decor--it was a book themed bar, even the drinks were named after books.  There was even a big  full bookcase at the bar.  I ordered a flight, which I did not love, but then the bartender gave me some random drink which I really did not want (it was free), but he talked me into it and I'm glad he did because it was really good--better than the flight!  Then it was back to the hotel to pack up as we were leaving Denver the next day.





No comments: