Saturday, November 4, 2017

Day 4; Good-bye Milwaukee, Hello Minnesota

Day four, I got up, worked out, then got ready to head out.  We checked out of our hotel then drove to Miller Park for our baseball stadium tour.  We very much enjoyed our tour--our guide was great and they really showed us a lot.  I've done quite a few baseball stadium tours and this one was one of the best.  I'd be willing to go to a game there sometime.  After the tour, I talked Mike into going to The Basiclica of Saint Josephat.  It was only six miles from the stadium and I had read it was worth seeing.  We spent about a half hour there.  It was really pretty inside.  Then it was off to Minnesota--we were going to be staying with a friend of mine for the next two nights.  We made one gas/bathroom stop and arrived at my friend's house around 6:00.  She lives right outside of Minneapolis, but traffic in Minneapolis was insane.  We arrived, went in for a few minutes then went out to dinner at Betty Danger's Country Club, which I believe is a locally famous restaurant.  They had interesting decor, a ferris wheel, and mini golf.  Gve it a google, but my description will not do it justice--old-fashioned wallpaper, a rocking hourse, chandeliers, etc.  After dinner, it was back to the house, hung out for a bit then went to bed.





















No comments: