Thursday, November 30, 2017

Day 12: On The Road Again

Day 12, I woke up fairly tired.  Exercising at 9:45pm the night before was probably not smart, but after sitting in a car for 100s of miles and many hours, I had to do something.  I woke up this morning at 4:32 and was awake until at least 6:00.  Mike's alarm went off at 6:30 and woke me up again.  I finally gave up at 7:15 and got up.  We left the hotel at 8:17, got gas, and then drove to Sculpture Park in downtown Des Moines because I was determined to see something in Iowa and I didn' think I'd be back any time soon. The sculptures were cool.  I took a few pictures and we were back on the road within a half hour after arriving at the park.  We made a pit stop for Mike and one for me (becuase of course we didn't need one at the same time--go figure).  Not too much to say about the drive through Illinois except they must have had some serious rain recently because the water was right up to the highway. One school playground we passed was partially underwater.  We saw a truck pumping out water on one road.
We made a gas stop near Notre Dame so we decided to take a little drive to see the school.  We didn't get out of the car or anything, but we saw a tiny bit of the campus.  Couldn't see in the stadium from the car, but saw the outside.
Sometime between 5:00 and 5:30 we stopped at a rest stop in Indiana for a bathroom for me and pizza for Mike.  He hadn't had pizza in over a week so I thik he was suffering pizza withdrawl--I think he would live off pizza if I let him.  :-)
We got to the hotel around 8:00.  Checked in and then went down the street to a Red Robin for dinner.  Then back to the hotel for the night.

No comments: